If you are a fan of Bullet Proof Coffee, take it up a notch. Or six. You need to try our Triple Boom Tumeric Cannonball Coffee. Believe me, it blasts the immune system — in great way.
What is so special about Tumeric?
Tumeric is chocked full of bio-active compounds with powerful medicinal properties. It’s been widely used as a daily tonic in Aruvedic medicine for thousands of years, typically in the form of food.
Think curry. That’s tumeric. Curry generally has all sorts of other spices (many also medicinal) mixed in with the tumeric, but the major ingredient in all curries is tumeric.
Tumeric is certainly not just ho-hum food. It’s more like a delicious pharmacy.
The active part of tumeric is the part called the curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin.
Aruvedic practitioners in India have always known it, but over the past few years Western science has been steadily confirming that curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
And even more that than, the curcumin that naturally occurs in tumeric is also a very strong antioxidant.
So tumeric aids in all of the modern maladies associated with inflammation — arthritis, degeneration of internal tissue, “brain fog” and neutral pathway difficulties, swelling and pain in the joints, bowel irritation, allergies, and even irreversible DNA damage.
But one of the biggest and most encouraging recent findings is that the curcumin in tumeric may actually help in the prevention of cancer. Many leading medical authorities in the West are encouraging the addition of tumeric to the diet when cancer patients are undergoing chemotherapy and radiation.
So how best to ingest tumeric?
An increasing body of medical and dietary research has shown that absorption of curcumin in the human body is difficult without carriers and intensifiers.
The easiest, cheapest, and most tasty way to merge the curcumin with a carrier and intensifier is simply to mix it with a high-quality fat and black pepper. And since liquid is more quickly and easily absorbed by the the body than denser solid food that has to go through a longer digestive process, what we call Triple Boom Tumeric Cannonball Coffee is an ideal delivery system of curcumin to the body!
And it’s particularly great if you already are a Bullet Proof Coffee fan who wants to mix it up a bit in the morning. Especially as the mornings start turning cooler.
You can think of it as a boiler in the belly that supercharges your immune system while it warms you from head to toe from the inside to the outside.
I will guarantee my recipe will warm the cockles of pretty much your everything.
The beauty of this recipe is that it combines all the powerful medicinal benefits of MCT oil with the ancient healing remedy of tumeric. Mesh those two ingredients together and you truly have a cannonball of power in your cup.
And although it may not be for the faint of heart, it will wake you up with a triple degree of certainty.
- Coffee Maker of your choice
- (optional) Blender
- (OPTIONAL) Handheld Frother
- (OPTIONAL) Immersion Blender with whisk or frother attachment
- 8 oz Freshly brewed, high-quality coffee slightly stronger than ususal
- 1 teaspoon Organic Tumeric powdered finely
- 1 Tablespoon MCT Oil preferably non-GMO and organic in liquid form
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Ghee preferably organic and cultured, Ghee is better
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper finely ground
- 1 pinch Cayenne finely ground
- 2 pinches Cinnamon finely ground
- Mix all ingredients together -- based on how you plan to blend it.
- (BLENDER METHOD) Pour all ingredients into your blender container. Whir in your blender for 20-30 seconds or mix it on the Liquefy setting if your blender has presets.
- (WHISK METHOD) Pour all ingredients into a Mason jar or other tall narrow container. Whisk it continually for 30 seconds.
- (FROTHER METHOD) If your cup is tall enough, you can pour the ingredients directly into your cup, but it's usually better to use a Mason jar or tall narrow container. Froth the ingredients 30-40 seconds, being sure to continually move the frother up and down in the liquid to try to touch all liquid under the surface. Note that using a Blender or electric whisk is preferable in this recipe.
- (OPTIONAL) You can add up to a Tablespoon of whipped heavy cream or drizzle a bit of liquid cream into your mixture, either before or after you do the whirring/whisking/frothing. You also can add a bit of sugar-free sweetener of you choice in the mixture or, better yet, sprinkle a pinch or two on top after you pour the frothy mix into your cup (We prefer Monk Fruit, but your palate should be your guide.)
- If not already in the cup, pour the frothy concoction into your cup and enjoy the BOOM.
You can find our recipe for Bullet Proof Coffee here.
If you are wavering on sweeteners, read our recent article on the Best Healthy Sugar Substitutes here.
Because the quality of tumeric (and other ingredients) you consume is important, may we suggest what we’ve found to be the highest quality at the best price on the American market…
And our suggested tool to create this BOOM is the one we use…
So Frenchly is an Amazon Affiliate so we may earn a (small) fee if you make a purchase by branching from our website.
You can rest assured it never costs you one penny extra.
And our reviews are shoot-from-the-hip honest regardless of affiliation status. You can read our full policy and current affiliation list here.
Just be aware that prices change on Amazon hourly. As sometimes do #1 Seller ranks and Amazon Picks.
And be sure to check out these other articles we think you
also will be interested in.