Shakespeare was right. A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. The name mug cake proves it. I really hate the name. But the name is so widespread that it is difficult to convey the concept without it. And no matter what name they go by, a mug cake is quick, easy, and delicious.
We know there are a lot of mug cake recipes floating around on the internet these days. But honestly, most of them don’t really taste very good. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake recipe is the absolute best of any I have tried.
But no, I do not suggest making it in a mug. I use a large ramekin. That way it cooks evenly and has room on top if you want to add whipped cream or a sliced strawberry or two.
The beauty of this little darling is that it comes together in under 3 minutes — from the moment you think about it until the first bite.
And the taste is GRAND.
- large baking ramekin (preferable) or large coffee mug
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter made out of just peanuts, no added sugar
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp Monk Fruit sweetener I use a Monk Fruit/Erithytol blend
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips sugar-free, I suggest Lily's
- Grease a microwave-safe ramekin or large coffee mug with butter.
- Add in 2 tbsp of peanut butter and melt for 20 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to combine.
- Add in all other ingredients and stir everything together until well combined. Be sure the ingredients are well combined because that is what ensures it cooks evenly in the microwave.
- Microwave for 1 minute until done.
- Serve immediately out of the microwave. That's when the texture and taste are at their height. Just anticipate it will be hot and eat from the edges.
- Keto whipped cream, a few sliced strawberries, or a spoonful of Keto ice cream make a great topping if you want to add it.